Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering the Memorable

This class was very interesting. Things stood out to me for entirely different reasons. Alex's project on orphan awareness wasa very effective, and would have been even without his own personal story but knowing the backstory to what drives someone's desire to make changes always has a greater impact on me. I don't know his name, but the boy with the scrapbook who looks a bit like a young Corey Feldman (perhaps it's the hair) had an effect on me. I found the conversation itself interesting from the beginning because he said he was irritated by all the talk and had wanted to just get to the project, yet his basis for what he had brought was about getting to know people deeper and he even said that the main way of doing so is through conversation. And talking about what he had brought in was really at the core of his 'project'. I honestly didn't care so much about seeing the book as I did about hearing what made it important to him and the background as to why.

No comments:

Post a Comment