Monday, August 27, 2012

Class Contemplations

Today we presented our egg projects. It was interesting seeing the different directions we all took. But, to be honest, I think I came away with more of an impression of the diversity of creativity than the ability to actually recall many of them. I liked the concept that Beth and the new guy developed of putting the egg outside and recording the effects. I also found the buried 'alive' idea pretty odd and, like Beth, wondered what that said about the grave digger.

The video on the over-saturation of options was absolutely right on -- but something I don't like to think about because it's even more overwhelming to contemplate than it is to be overwhelmed by the options. I've been around long enough to see some major changes in technology and have an appreciation for simplier times. Four TV channels, newspapers, libraries, home phones (rotary, at that), Atari. Okay, I'm officially old. I agree, we all should have our own fish bowls. I've spent the last few years trying to get a bigger fish bowl, however. I've been swimming in one of the bags those poor county fair fish come in for a REALLY long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment